see below for details.
The celebrated Virgin Money London Marathon is the world’s biggest fundraising event. With an infamous route passing the most iconic of landmarks, it's the experience of a lifetime and we are here to support you every step of the way.
Guaranteed charity places
Our charity places are very limited so we ask that you apply for a place and if successful, pledge to raise a minimum sponsorship of £2,200, plus a £100 registration fee.
The application process for our 2021, 2022 and 2023 London Marathon places will be announced here on our website and on social media.
Applications for any available places will open later this year. If you wish to be informed when they do, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
Make sure to enter the ballot for your own place in 2021, which can be found on the London Marathon website from 4th October. You can still run for #TeamSands and will be a full member of our superstar team.
You set your own fundraising target and receive all the same love, support and benefits as our charity places runners.
If you had a 2020 ballot place and have recently decided you would like to run for #TeamSands in 2021, 2022 or 2023 then it’s not too late. You can join #TeamSands using your own ballot place by following this link.
Be part of #TeamSands
As part of #TeamSands you will receive:
- a bespoke Sands running vest, personalised with a name of your choice, to wear with pride
- support from a dedicated contact in our Fundraising team to help you achieve your target
- training advice and tips to ensure you are fully prepared ahead of race day
- access to a private #TeamSands Facebook Group where you can chat to fellow team mates
- the loudest cheers on race day from the wildest cheer point on the route
- our Sands fundraising pack full of ideas and advice
- fundraising materials to help you promote your fundraising events
- opportunities to celebrate with the team throughout your experience
Through taking on this legendary race, you will raise much needed funds to help us prevent more babies from dying and meet the growing need for our support services. Thank you.
If you have any questions, simply get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com or calling 020 3897 6092