Sands wants to highlight our amazing volunteers by holding Volunteer Awards in 2019; a chance to say thank you for the incredible support and contribution that our dedicated volunteers make across the UK to support bereaved families and anyone affected by the death of a baby.
Nominations will be open until 16th September 2019. Winners will be notified after 1st October 2019 and will be invited to a special awards ceremony during Sands Conference on Saturday 23rd November in London. This event recognises the contribution of all volunteers and rewards the winners for their dedication and commitment. This year, there will be around 6 winners.
Volunteer nominations will open on 1st June 2019 (and will close on 16th September). Please send us details of:
- who you would like to nominate (full name)
- why you want to nominate this person
- details of their current and past volunteering work (especially anything out of the ordinary)
- How they meet one or more of the below criteria
- Their email address and telephone number (please seek their permission to pass this on)
We are looking for nominations for volunteers who have excelled in one or more of the following:
- Inclusion – empowering men/other faiths/different backgrounds to find/get involved with Sands
- Fundraising – raising large amounts, or helping organise several events/taking part in lots of events
- Awareness – being a Sands champion at events/in IBC training, etc
- Leadership – supporting and encouraging other volunteers
- Support – offering support to bereaved parents and families
- Innovation – coming up with new/useful ideas that have been rolled out to other groups (e.g. Sands United)
Great to have our volunteer award winners Alix Henley and Judith Schott in the office today.
— Sands (@SandsUK) December 5, 2018
Please send your nominations via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are very much looking forward to hearing about all the amazing Sands work we know our volunteers are doing around the UK!