Join us on the 24th June 2021
Sands is hosting an exclusive one hour Bereavement in the Workplace Taster session where you will learn the profound impact of incorrect support, the dos and don’ts when offering support and how to approach entitlements and obligations for bereaved people.
Join us during Sands Awareness Month, meet the trainers, upskill your management team and begin your journey to making your workplace the most supportive place to work.
Our bereavement training in the workplace and resources help companies of all sizes to empower, encourage and support their colleagues, and ultimately, to remain productive by thriving in their workplace. Being prepared to support colleagues affected by bereavement is vital to their physical and mental wellbeing and in April 2020, parental bereavement leave became law in the UK.
A survey of parents conducted by Sands in 2018 found that nearly 50% of bereaved employees questioned were not advised about their pay or leave entitlements and did not feel supported by their employer.
This is why Sands is committed to working with employers - who have a major role to play - in removing barriers for parents and families returning to work.
We offer an annual membership of training materials and resources, depending on your needs. Training packages include:
- Exclusive toolkit, Information for Employers, for human resources staff and managers. Materials include updates on relevant laws and obligations, and guidance to approach bereavement in the workplace
- Employee information booklet, Returning to Work, curated by Sands’ Bereavement Support Services
- Training webinar covering key obligations and guidance in a pre-recorded 20 minute programme
- An interactive and bespoke live webinar addressing your company’s specific needs in a 60 minute session hosted by our experienced trainer
- On-site workshops are facilitated by one of our specialist trainers. Face-to-face training will resume following Government guidelines
- Bespoke consultancy services are provided by a specialist for bespoke advice for any bereavement query or concern, offering support if required
- Sands’ training logo for your website and intranet
All materials and content are reviewed and updated annually to reflect current best practice and guidance.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more contact Vicky Luk on 0203 897 3470 or email@example.com