What lengths will you go to?
With hairdressers and barbers closed, we are all experimenting with home haircuts and buzz cuts are becoming a craze!
Take the matter into your own hands with a pair of scissors, clippers, or a bottle of dye and start Hair-raising. Grow a beard, shave you head or dye your hair for Sands!
We want to see the lengths you will go to help others.
By getting involved in Hair-raising, we at Sands can continue to support families who need our services.
Have you decided what your hairstyle is going to be?
Make the most of growing that beard in a period of social distancing or brave the shave with a number on all over!
Perhaps you wanted to dye your hair that crazy colour for a while and think now is the right time? Now is definitely the time!
How you can start Hair-raising
Shave, dye or grow for Sands
Here are the easy steps you can take to not only having the haircut of your dreams, but support Sands whilst you do it.
- Decide on your hairstyle
- Set the date
- Sign up and tell us about your Hair-raising
- Invite friends and family to watch your live stream on Twitch, Facebook Live or Zoom
- Share your online fundraising page asking them to sponsor you - your page will be created for you during the sign up process
- Tag Sands in your social media and we’ll share your Hair-raising! #TeamSands
The support you'll receive during Hair-raising
Once you've signed up you'll receive:
- Online fundraising page automatically created through the sign up process
- Sands t-shirt and fundraising materials to help brand your live stream
- Fundraising support to help raise funds using all the best ways to fundraise online
- Technical support if you're unsure how to set up a live stream
Downloadable Hair-raising resources
- Press release template - just download by clicking here
- Online fundraising page tips - Hints and tips on how to make the most of your online fundraising page - just click here
- How to livestream- Click here for a guide of how to link your JustGiving page to Twitch, that way your JustGiving page can link directly to your live stream